Since then we have added more than 50 different woods to our catalog. Whether you are a professional luthier or just starting with your first guitar, you will find everything you need to make your guitar.
In this category you will find, besides woods, a great variety of machine heads from leading brands such as Gotoh or Schaller. You will also find a wide range of accessories such as cases and covers, decorations, bracing, and pickguards, among others.
Within accessories, you can find classical guitar strings from renowned brands such as D'Addario, Felipe Conde, or Ernesto Palla. Also, string cleaners and spare parts for strings.
What woods are the most used to build a classical guitar?
The materials used in constructing guitars greatly influence the sound and quality of these instruments. In addition, the woods determine the durability and resistance, as well as the overall sound quality of the instrument.
When we talk about the most used woods in classical guitar construction, we have to differentiate each part, since different woods are used in each one.
For parts such as the back, sides, fingerboard, or bridge, heavier and stiffer woods that bounce the sound are used. Some are ziricote, bocote, Honduran rosewood, Amazon rosewood, or Indian rosewood.
Thus, the lightest woods are used for the top and the neck. They are usually German Spruce, Engelmann Spruce, Sitka Spruce, Honduras Cedar, or Red Cedar.
Know our services
At Maderas Barber we take care of our customers, that's why we have developed a line of services for those who want to save time in the construction process as well as for those who don't have the necessary machinery.
- Do you need a specific wood ready to be worked? If you need wood immediately to build your guitar, you can acquire it with our drying service, without waiting for the natural drying process, which can take months or years.
- At Maderas Barber, we also offer a bending service for those customers who do not have their bending machine or any other system that allows them to perform this delicate operation in the construction of a guitar. We perform this service only on classical guitar sides and it is possible to choose the bending with the shape of the traditional classical guitar or cutaway.
- In the calibration service, we sand and eliminate the marks that the sawing process leaves on the pieces. Subsequently, we calibrate and leave the pieces at the desired measurements. In this way, we obtain a flat surface that is almost ready to varnish.
- With this service, you will save a lot of time and effort in sanding and calibrating the pieces manually. In addition, it will allow you to reduce calibration costs.
- Do you need wood pieces of a specific size and you can't find the measurements in our catalog? Let us know the measurements you want and we will cut them for you. The wood-cutting service allows you to customize the size of the pieces to suit your needs.
- Would you like to choose the specific piece of wood you are going to buy? Whether it's bodies, tops, backs, sides, or fingerboards, with the purchase by picture service you can know in advance what the piece you are going to receive will look like.