Electric Guitar & Bass
The woods and accessories for guitar and electric bass are an essential part of our catalog, next to the classical guitar and acoustic guitar, they are the most demanded by our customers.
Since our history began more than 65 years ago, we have incorporated to our catalog more than 80 different woods. Whether you are a professional luthier or you are just starting with your first guitar, you will find everything you need to make your guitar or electric bass.
In this category you will find, in addition to woods, a great variety of tuners from leading brands such as Ping Well, Gotoh or Schaller. Also an endless number of accessories such as bridges, pickups or frets.
Within the accessories, in the electronics part, we have great brands such as Seymour Duncan, Fender or Boston. In addition, you can also find strings for electric guitar and electric bass from renowned brands such as Ernie Ball or D'Addario.
Which woods are the most used to build an electric guitar?
The construction materials of electric guitars and basses greatly influence the sound and quality of these instruments. In addition, the woods determine the durability and resistance, as well as the overall sound quality of the instrument.
However, in both the electric guitar and the electric bass, we also have the electronics, which play a very important role in producing the sound.
The search for electric guitar and electric bass woods is constantly evolving, as the market demands more and more exotic woods to build these instruments.
For the electric guitar, woods such as ash, maple, alder, mahogany, ebony, and also rosewood are widely used.
For the electric bass we use woods very similar to those of the electric guitar, adding wenge, bariolé and some other more exotic woods.
Know our services
In Maderas Barber we take care of our customers, that's why we have developed a line of services for those who want to save time in the construction process as well as for those who don't have the necessary machinery.
- Do you need a specific wood ready to be worked? If you need a wood immediately to build your guitar, you can acquire it with our drying service, without waiting for the natural drying process, which can take months or years.
- In Maderas Barber we also offer a bending service for those customers who do not have their own bending machine or any other system that allows them to perform this delicate operation in the construction of a guitar. We perform this service only on classical guitar sides and it is possible to choose the bending with the shape of the traditional classical guitar or cutaway.
- In the calibration service we sand and eliminate the marks that the sawing process leaves on the pieces. Afterwards, we calibrate and leave the pieces at the desired measurements. This way we obtain a flat surface almost ready to varnish. With this service, you will save a lot of time and effort in sanding and calibrating the pieces manually. In addition, it will allow you to reduce calibration costs.
- Do you need wood pieces of a specific size and you can't find the measurements in our catalog? Let us know the measurements you want and we will cut them for you. The wood cutting service allows you to customize the size of the pieces to suit your needs.
- Would you like to choose the specific piece of wood you are going to buy? Whether it's bodies, tops, backs, sides or fingerboards, with the purchase by photo service you can know in advance what the piece you are going to receive will look like.