Discover the exclusivity of this Curupay backs for acoustic guitar in Maderas Barber: a wood which will not disappoint you.
- BOTANIC NAME: Anadenanthera colubrina
- COMMON NAMES: Cebil, Curupay.
- ORIGIN: South America
- DENSITY: 1000kg/m3
- DESCRIPTION: Heartwood is a pale to medium reddish brown, frequently with darker brown to black streaks throughout. Color tends to darken with age. Sapwood is a pale yellow to pinkish brown.
- RECOMMENDATIONS: Rated as very durable. Resistant to termites, though more susceptible to other insect attacks. Generally hard to work with on account of its irregular grain and high density. Cebil also has a pronounced blunting effect on cutters. Turns well.
- USES: Flooring, exterior construction, furniture, and turned objects.