Acacia Acoustic Guitar Backs
- Dimensions: (550/570x215/230x4,5 mm)x2
- Botanical Name: Acacia Melanoxylon
- Origin: Africa, Asia, South America.
- Density: 640kg/m3
- Description: Very easy to work with. The Acacia has the sharpness and clarity of a fine Rosewood, but with all the warmth, thick tone and lightness of Mahogany. Its definition of individual note has a magnificent separation, with power and projection almost self-generated.
Used for both classical and acoustic guitar.
It’s one of the few woods that are also used as tops in acoustic guitars, as well as sides and backs, becoming a dazzling piece of your instrument. In addition, the Acacia wood gains in sound quality with the use of the instrument over the years.
Very popular in ukulele manufacture.
- Quality: These pieces are not classified by qualities and are included within a medium standard of quality, in other words, when we select them we reject the cracked pieces, with serious defects, or broken or useless ones. Therefore, we will always find good pieces that can have some slight defect, nice pieces, or pieces less attractive, always taking in account variations in colour or growth rings that each wood specie may have.
In the case of Acoustic and Classic Guitar Backs, even though most of the times we will find cut pieces with straight grain or quarter cut there will be also sometimes specially on the exotic woods like Cocobolo, Ziricote, Exotic Ebony and others, where we can find pieces partly flat cut due to the size of the trees. The cutting of these woods give the instrument an incredible beauty even though we know it is ideal for the sound and the instrument stability.