Your cartThere are no more items in your cart
El Violín,la Viola y el Violonchelo en la Lutheria
Author: José Ángel Chacón Tenllado
Pages: 120, with numerous color photographs, illustrations and sketches.
- Binding in cardboard 303x215 mm
- ISBN 978-84-616-4827-6
- This book consists of a practical and professional manual on the construction of violins. It is a rigorous method, with details and step-by-step descriptions of each process.
- Chacón uses his experience to explain meticulously the art of making musical string instruments, a trade that Chacón defines as the Crafts of Wood in Music.
- Violin, Viola and Cello are three bow instruments, which have an identical structure in their different sizes and an equal number of components. Although each one has its particular sound and protagonism, the three are constructed in the same way. With a few exceptions, these instruments are made with Maple and Spruce woods. And for the elaboration of its complements, woods such as Ebony, Rosewood and Boj are used.
- In this book all the processes are described magnificently: the selection and cutting of the wood, the elaboration of molds, the curved of the sides. And so, with all the successive processes, such as the varnishing of the instrument, the application of the backs, the dyeing and final finishing.
- As an extra, the book also explains how to build an artisan caliper for wood and a work table suitable for luthiers.
Customers who bought this product also bought:
Dimensions: (825/860x125/140x4 mm)x2 Botanical Name: Entandrophragma cylindricum Origin: Central Africa Density: 650 kg/m3 Quality: These pieces are not classified by qualities and are included within a medium standard of quality, in other words, when we select them we reject the cracked pieces, with serious defects, or broken or useless ones....
Dimensions: (550x200x4 mm)x2 Botanical Name: Thuja plicata Origin: Canada Density: 330-390 kg/m3 Description: They are usually tops with some defect, which doesn’t interfere with the sound of the top. These defects affect more the appearance of the guitar, many times they are easy to hide in the process of construction of the…. guitar. Their growth rings...
Dimensions: (825x125x4mm)x2 Origin: Centro y oeste de África Botanic Name: Terminalia superba. Density:550/600 kg/m3 Quality: These pieces are not classified by qualities and are included within a medium standard of quality, in other words, when we select them we reject the cracked pieces, with serious defects, or broken or useless ones. Therefore, we...
Japanese Files without Handle
Measurements: 120x16 mm Material: Japanese Steel Tooth: 2,1 mm Technical data: Iwasaki 150 Fine Tooth Flat File Mod. MKCP150A4 is an ideal tool to shape the Neck, it is also very precise and achieves clean and very fine finishes. Fast and efficient smooth. Double blade.
Model: Standard Quantity: 8 oz Optimum holding: 30 minutes Drying: 24 hours Recommendations: No outside, do not work below 10ºC Description: Titebond Original is the wood industry's standard glue for finished products. It provides a strong initial grip and fast setting speed to reduce clamping time. It also develops a stronger bond than the wood itself,...