Acacia Sides Ukelele Soprano
- Dimensions: (420x80x3 mm)x2
- Botanical Name: Acacia Melanoxylon
- Origin: Africa, Asia, South America.
- Density: 640kg/m3
- Description: Very easy to work with. The Acacia has the sharpness and clarity of a fine Rosewood, but with all the warmth, thick tone and lightness of Mahogany. Its definition of individual note has a magnificent separation, with power and projection almost self-generated.
Used for both classical and acoustic guitar.
It’s one of the few woods that are also used as tops in acoustic guitars, as well as sides and backs, becoming a dazzling piece of your instrument. In addition, the Acacia wood gains in sound quality with the use of the instrument over the years.
Very popular in ukulele manufacture.
- Quality: These pieces are not classified by qualities and are included within a medium standard of quality, in other words, when we select them we reject the cracked pieces, with serious defects, or broken or useless ones. Therefore, we will always find good pieces that can have some slight defect, nice pieces, or pieces less attractive, always taking in account variations in colour or growth rings that each wood specie may have.
We are very careful when we select the Classic Guitar sides because of knots, depending on where they are they can crack the sides during bending process.
We also have to take care when working with sides that are not quarter as they can crack easily during bending process. Despite all this, as with the exotic backs we can find flat cut sides, those would be perfect for these backs.