Everything you need to know about FSC® certified wood
LICENSE CODE: FSC-C092704
1. What is FSC® (Forest Stewardship Council®)?
FSC is a global not-for-profit organization that sets the standards for what is a responsibly managed forest, both environmentally and socially.
The mission of the Forest Stewardship Council is to promote environmentally appropriate, socially beneficial, and economically viable management of the world's forests.
2. The three FSC® principles to protect our planet's forests:
1. Environmentally Appropriate: Environmentally appropriate forest management ensures that the harvest of timber and non-timber products maintains the forest's biodiversity, productivity, and ecological processes.
2. Socially Beneficial: Socially beneficial forest management helps both local people and society at large to enjoy long term benefits and also provides strong incentives to local people to sustain the forest resources and adhere to long-term management plans.
3. Economically Viable: Economically viable forest management means that forest operations are structured and managed so as to be sufficiently profitable, without generating financial profit at the expense of the forest resource, the ecosystem, or affected communities. The tension between the need to generate adequate financial returns and the principles of responsable forest operations can be reduced through efforts to market the full range of forest products and services for their best value.
3. FSC® Stamps
To accomplish their mission, there are three different FSC® labels. From those three, in Maderas Barber we have the first one, FSC 100%:
Products with an FSC 100% label originate entirely from forests certified as meeting the environmental and social standards of FSC.
Products with an FSC Mix label support the development of responsible forest management worldwide. The wood comes from FSC certified well-managed forests, company controlled sources and/or recycled material.
Products with an FSC Recycled label support re-use of forest resources and use only post-consumer recycled wood or fibre in accordance with FSC standards.
4. FSC® certified products at Maderas Barber
Maderas Barber is committed to the environment, so you will find more than 250 products with FSC® (Forest Stewardship Council) certification in our catalogue.
At Maderas Barber we are committed with the responsible development of wood resources and all our FSC® products are clearly identified.